Monday, October 13, 2014

Fines / Payment / Extension of Time to Pay / Request for More Time to Pay Fine / Courts / Judges / AVVO / Michael A. Haber, Esq. ** ARRESTED / **305DUI

Q:  I'm wondering if I can request more than 180 days to pay a fine before they suspend my license in the state of Florida.  I got a fine for solicitation of prostitution and was given 180 days to pay and I can't afford to pay it off in the 180 days and I can't lose my license because I will lose my job

A:  Licensed in FL
Michael Adam Haber


Contributor Level 20
Answered Of course you can ask.

Judge's tend to appreciate (and assist) people who make reasonable requests in a timely fashion. It is those who blow it off or wait until the last minute to deal with issues which could have / should have been dealt with early on that generally receive a cooler reception.

You may be able to do this directly through the Clerk, so I would call them first. If you cannot accomplish an extension through the Clerk then call the Judge's Judicial Assistant / Calendar Clerk and have the matter print on the Judge's docket.

Again, most of the time most Judges will appreciate your timely and considerate acts.

I hope that I have been helpful in answering your question.
First, second and third: No attorney-client relationship exists by virtue of any Q&A with Michael A. Haber, Esq. on Avvo. Fourth: Anything that you post on Avvo (or on similar sites) or on any social media is by its nature public. It is essentially an admission / confession and can be introduced into evidence as a statement against your interest in a subsequent legal proceeding. Once posted you lose any reasonable expectation of privacy, so, as this is an open forum (with no privilege attached), please be extra careful when considering what to post online (forewarned is forearmed.)

Michael A. Haber, P.A.:   Creative, effective and zealous criminal defense advocacy since 1991.

At Michael A. Haber, P.A. "Its all about reasonable doubt".

Michael A. Haber, Esq. is prepared to speak with you about your case!

1-888-SHARK-8-1, 305-381-8686, 305-798-2220, **ARRESTED, **305DUI, **MIAMIDUI, **MIAMILAW or **HABERLAW.

Follow Michael A. Haber, P.A. on Facebook by going to the following link and clicking the "Like" button: 

No comments:

Post a Comment