Monday, November 10, 2014

Speedy Trial / VOP / Violation of Probation / PD / Public Defender / Private Lawyer / AVVO / Michael A. Haber, Esq. **ARRESTED / **305DUI

Q:     Right to a speedy trial? What can I do if my son is sitting in jail on a VOp for 19 Months without a trial?   My son violated his probation. It Was reinstated and revoked after 1 year after a new prosecutor on the case decides he should not be out on bond. He has been sitting in jail now ,Its 19 months and no trial date.

Michael Adam Haber


Contributor Level 20


Lawyers agree


Answered If you want results then hire a skilled and experienced criminal defense lawyer.

I am not trying to be insensitive or rude, but (as you should have discerned by now) no one else in the system - not the Judge, certainly not the prosecutor and to some degree not even his PD - is going to do anything to speed up your son's case, much less effort at moving Heaven and Earth in his interests.

I am not knocking his PD. In fact, when it comes to the subject of PD's I am adamant that although they generally cannot afford to offer up the time and personalized attention that a private lawyer brings to the table (albeit at a price), PD's are almost all excellent attorneys, generally being extremely well-versed in both the law and their courtrooms.

Contrary to popular belief, it is not easy to either get hired as, or to remain employed as, a PD. It takes brains, ethics, effort and commitment. It is an often times thankless job and attorney's who are not committed to it simply do not last. For those who do, however, their client's benefit not only from the day-to-day knowledge of their individual courtrooms (including but not limited to knowing the tendencies of their Judge, their prosecutors and the other instrumental court personnel) but also from the vast resources that the PD brings to the table (investigators, experts, etcetera) without further expense to the client.

Still, if you want speed (no lawyer can guarantee results, only quality of effort) then you must find a way to go private.

I hope that I have been helpful in answering your question.
First, second and third: No attorney-client relationship exists by virtue of any Q&A with Michael A. Haber, Esq. on Avvo. Fourth: Anything that you post on Avvo (or on similar sites) or on any social media is by its nature public. It is essentially an admission / confession and can be introduced into evidence as a statement against your interest in a subsequent legal proceeding. Once posted you lose any reasonable expectation of privacy, so, as this is an open forum (with no privilege attached), please be extra careful when considering what to post online (forewarned is forearmed.) 

For more than 23 years Michael A. Haber, P.A. has been providing creative, effective and zealous advocacy and counsel in cases ranging from DUI to drug trafficking and from misdemeanors to first degree murder.  

At Michael A. Haber, P.A. "Its all about reasonable doubt"!

Michael A. Haber, Esq. is prepared to speak with you about your case!

1-888-SHARK-8-1, 305-381-8686, 305-798-2220, **ARRESTED, **305DUI, **MIAMIDUI, **MIAMILAW or **HABERLAW.

"Like" Michael A. Haber, Esq. @ / follow Michael A. Haber, Esq. @

No comments:

Post a Comment